Lifetime Earnings: $2,761,650
Thompson Cutting LLC is owned and operated by Craig and Sasha Thompson. Established in 2004, their facility located in Buffalo, Texas is just two hours south of the site of the annual NCHA Futurity Championship in Fort Worth, Texas.
Craig Thompson's career in cutting horses began in 1996 as a cutting horse apprentice working in Brenham, Texas, where he met his future wife, Sasha. She was then riding reining and pleasure horses. The next several years together included many moves to take advantage of opportunities for Craig to work with other accomplished trainers. These influences include Matt Gaines, Paul and Winston Hansma and Shannon Hall.
The high degree of cutting horse industry competitiveness has kept Craig motivated in establishing and fine-tuning his own training program. Consistency in daily attention and development are the basis of his training philosophy, while training each horse to its best individual talents. His success is attributed to a strong work ethic and his dedication to spiritual and family values.
Most Recent Accomplishments for Craig include:
- 2018 NCHA OPEN FUTURITY SEMI-FINALIST ON PURDY HOT PISTOL
- 2018 Southern Futurity Open Derby Finalist riding Sanjo Playn Jacks and Maleficent
- 2018 Southern Futurity Open Futurity Gelding Finalist riding Bet Hesa Smart Mate
- 2018 NCHA Super Stakes Open Derby Novice Finalist riding Playful Kitty Cat
- 2018 NCHA Super Stakes Open Derby Semi Finalist riding Playful Kitty Cat & Thommo
- 2018 The Ike Futurity Open Classic CHAMPION and Gelding CHAMPION riding Reyzurbetsonthiscat
- 2018 The Ike Futurity Open Classic Finalist riding Bet Sheza Marka
- 2018 The Ike Futurity Open Classic Novice CHAMPION riding Bet Sheza Marka
- 2018 Augusta Open Derby Finalist riding Smokin Some Lena and Sanjo Playn Jacks
- 2018 Augusta Open Classic Finalist riding Stylin One Time, Reyzurbetsonthiscat and Metallic D Nero
- 2017 NCHA Futurity Open Semi Finalist riding Smokin Some Lena
- 2017 Waco Futurity Open Reserve Champion riding Thommo
- 2017 Waco Futurity Gelding Champion riding Thommo
- 2017 Waco Futurity Open Finalist riding Sanjo Playin Jacks
- 2017 Waco Futurity Open Derby Finalist riding Reyzurbetonthiscat (+ Gelding) & Bet Sheza Marka
- 2017 Waco Futurity Open Classic Finalist riding Stylin One Time
- 2017 Waco Futurity Open Classic Gelding Champion riding Stylin One Time
- 2017 Southern Futurity OPEN RESERVE CHAMPION riding Thommo
- 2017 Southern Futurity Open Gelding Finalist riding Thommo
- 2017 Sothern Futurity Open Finalist riding Sanjo Playin Jacks
- 2017 Southern Futurity Open Derby Finalist riding Reysurbetonthiscat
- 2017 Southern Futurity Open Classic "Gelding" Res. Champion riding Stylin One Time
- 2017 Brazos Bash Futurity Open Derby (+ Gelding) Finalist riding Reysurbetonthiscat
- 2017 Brazos Bash Futurity Open Finalist riding Maleficent Cat
- 2017 NCHA Summer Spectacular Open Derby Semi Finalist riding Reysurbetonthiscat
- 2017 AUGUSTA FUTURITY OPEN CHAMPION - Reysurbetonthiscat
Some of Craig's most memorable accomplishments include:
- 2016 NCHA Super Stakes Open Classic Finalilst on Time N Tequila
- Winning the 2006 and 2011 Open Futurity on full siblings Oh Cay Felix and Oh Miss Caroline
- Induction into the NCHA Rider's Hall of Fame for lifetime earnings exceeding $1,000,000.00
- Qualifying two horses to the finals of the 2002 NCHA Futurity in which Meradas Armada placed Third overall
- Winning the 2009 Super Stakes Classic Open on Oh Cay Felix
- 2012 West Texas Futurity Open Reserve Champion on Big Shiela owned by Craig and Sasha Thompson.
- 2012 Augusta Futurity Open Champion riding Oh Cay Do Over owned by Pat and Laura Collins.
- 2012 Augusta Futurity Reserve Champion riding Lach Down owned by Pat and Laura Collins.
- 2012 Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo: 3,000 Novice Horse Champion, riding Mc Simply Smooth
- 2013 Augusta Futurity Open Futurity Champion riding MC I'm With The Band owned by Pat and Laura Collins.
- 2014 West Texas Futurity Derby Open Champion riding High Brow Sheree owned by Bill Paxton.
- 2014 Cotton Stakes Classic Futurity Open Champion riding Attamilliondollarcat owned by Robert and Melanie Tieperman of Midway, Tx.